Monday, May 16, 2011

Lisbon-Arches



I took the shuttle from the ship into Lisbon. The ship's handout advised that the Metro station would be clearly marked when I got off the bus, and it would be a good idea to get a day pass for 4E. Perhaps the buses used to let people off at another place, but there was no obvious Metro. There was the wonderful arch, so I thought that the least I could do was get a few good photos.













So, down the corridors of this lovely building and then a huge plaza opens up. There are two ways to look at this. I am no longer 25 and I know I will be walking most of the day, so I don't want to walk a great distance in search of a Metro station that doesn't exist. I've asked someone and gotten a "that way" direction, but no indication of how far. The other way that an explorer must look at this situation is that it is an adventure any way one looks at it, so trudge on. I did find the metro and got some photos and found my way via the underground to the tram.







KG

No comments: