Saturday, September 15, 2007

Castle and Tiber

My favorite photo of Rome is at the end of this blog entry. You know I love reflections, and the bridge on the water is wonderful. But when I tried to crop it out, it just wouldn't work without the Africans. They are all over Italy, selling knock off purses illegaly on the street. When the Cabineri show up, they have long since pulled up their sheets and are under the bridges or down the alleyways with their wares. They are part of the Italian scene-in Rome and in Venice, and I suspect wherever tourists are.

I also see the float homes in new light since our visit to Richmond (Vancouver) with T&T. Nice to know you have counterparts in Rome. Maybe a floathome exchange could happen?


And finally, a boat that reminds us of our Silvia/Sylvia. Seems the goddess of the woods shows up quite often on the water.















































































KG

No comments: