Saturday, September 15, 2007

Pantheon-inside and out

I was really interested in seeing the Pantheon. You may recall that it is the temple errected to all the gods/goddesses. Goddess forbid anygod/ess get left out! Now it is a Roman Catholic Church. Doctorine of inclusiveness long gone here.

Anyway, it was Sunday afternoon, and it had rained during the morning Mass. There was still water on the marble circle right under the occulus. It is a pretty impressive place, and I also enjoyed the temple to Minerva just down the alleyway, though it has also passed to "The Church". I noticed Mary/Minerva was quite prominent there. You can see her with her kid in the statues blog.























































































































































































































KG

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Fragmentadora de Papel, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://fragmentadora-de-papel.blogspot.com. A hug.