Sunday, August 5, 2007

Szt. Istivan's Basilica

I think St Istivan's is a must do when visiting Budabest.





























Whether you studied Latin or attended Baptist Sunday School, surely you can translate this!







EGO SUM VIA VERITAS ET VITA











































After touring the outside, entrance and inside domes, you can take two elevators to a stairway in the dome and go to the walkway that surrounds the dome. Great views of both Buda and Pest but really high. You've seen the photos in the other blogs.




When the heights get to me, I go down and check out the hand. It seems to be an important relic for Hungary. I wasn't very taken with the hand, though I have visited it twice so far in my lifetime. I did really like this majolica holy water fount though.







Outside the basilica are these two oblisks. They satisfy my love of old and new together.









KG

No comments: