Saturday, September 5, 2009

Dublin-bridges

Butt bridge. Somehow reminds me of Guiness.
















I believe that this is the Talbot Memorial bridge. There is a Talbot statue in another photo blog.










This is the Millenium Bridge. If you ask me, it is a kinda bland dry toast kind of bridge. I had seen the beautiful modern bridges downriver when I was on the tour bus, and I expected one of them to be called the Millenium Bridge, so I asked a group of cabbies which was the Millenium Bridge, and they correctly pointed me in the direction of this one. E5 million.





This bridge is officially known as the Sean O'Casey Bridge. I say that it is the harp bridge. Finton says it isn't supposed to look like a harp, but I think a harp works for Ireland. It is my favourite.












I also like the Ha'Penny Bridge for it's looks and it's name. It is a pedestrian bridge.
















This is the O'Connell Bridge, it links tourist area to tourist area running from Grafton Street to O'Connell Street. The big statue of O'Connell is at the end of this bridge.









Pedestrian bridge from Pearce Station.










Tourbus view of my favourite bridges over the Liffey.









Gratton Bridge-just upriver from the Millenium Bridge.












KG

No comments: