Sunday, May 29, 2011

More Barcelona Buildings





I was headed to the body shop for lotion and conditioner when I spotted the name on this building-another of Barcelona's noted architects. He did the castle like building next to the Casa Batllo.




Apparently designed this one in 1917.





Perhaps it's because I'm an American, but naming a street the Passage of Conception seems like not such a good idea. Vagina Way??




This is the entrance way to our apartment building. Rather simple, but we do love the lift.





Mercat on La Rambla-very busy and lovely food. I got some taziki at the Greek stall and it was kick butt. Fun to walk through-plenty of tripe and whole skinned rabbits and goat heads all skinned and ready for the pot. I also bought two peaches just because they smelled so good as I walked by. Also, the Spanish word for peach was in my vocabulary, so why not make good use of it. It's so euphonic-melacaton.








KG

No comments: