Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Harry's Bar


One of the "must do's" for Americans in Venice is a visit to Harry's Bar. You may remember my visit from the other blog. Here I'll just show you a few photos.







After enjoying my bellini downstairs in the bar, I was ushered upstairs to the restaurant and got a good window seat. The windows in Harry's Bar restaurant have mirrors lining the sides making for some interesting perspectives. I really enjoyed my visit-watching the traffic on the Grand Canal.
A travel tip...there is a dress code at Harry's, so don't wear shorts or tank tops-men or women. Though I looked like a sweaty bedraggled tourist, I was wearing capris and a short sleeve shirt with my multi-pocketed travel vest and 500lb camera backpack. I had no trouble, but squeeky clean preppy guys wearing shorts were turned away.

No comments: