Sunday, July 29, 2007

Our Budapest House Inside


You enter through the kitchen. We know it will soon be renovated, and we are reminded of the riverhouse when we first began our rennovations. These colors remind us of 1970, but the bones are definitely vintage. Check out that door!





Here's the door to the living room.


Marcia is waiting for us in the living room. Parquet floors and 15 ft ceilings!!!







The couch makes into a guest bed.

We start to have lots of ideas about what could be done with this apartment.

Come on in the "half room" that we use as a bedroom. We sleep on the couch that has been converted into a bed. We are on vacation, so we don't make up the bed! We have "lofty" ideas about this room. Since we are going through severe computer withdrawal, we dream of an office loft for half of this room. I'm thinking it should be on the other side of this room, as that window provides a great breeze when opened with the living room window.



Here is another one of those great doors.


I'll show you the handle.



And here is the bathroom. Always first on the rennovation list are kitchens and bathrooms. I am fascinated by the plumbing. I've never had a water closet (but I have had an outhouse...) I've never seen a tub like this one, and I am fascinated. I like the concept, but it fits me rather snugly.




and the bathroom can double as a clothes dryer.
What a wonderful time we had "being European" in this apartment. We think of it often and all the adventures we had in Budapest.
KG

No comments: