Sunday, July 8, 2007

Rhodes




If there was any one place I would like to return, it would be Rhodes. The morning we arrived in port, we woke up and looked out our 1 meter square window and gasped to see this really lovely island. We took a bus tour to Lindos, but had limited time there. Our options were to rush up a very long climb to see the acropolis or take our time and enjoy the little villiage. Since neither of us felt we could make it to the top in the time allotted, even with donkeys carrying us 1/3 of the way, we opted for wandering around.

When I look at the photos, I know I made the right choice.









On Rhodes, we saw many entranceways decorated with small stones. Great idea!!!
Or, you can write a name on your house with stones !
I still think they should bring back the Colossus.

No comments: