Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Inside the National Gallery Budapest

Let's go inside and see the art.

I went in with my camera. No one objected and I saw no universal red slash over a camera sign. I asked the guard who was sitting with the falling people, using universal "can I photograph?" gestures. He nodded his consent. So, I happily continued through the modern art snapping as I pleased while Marcia headed for the old stuff to commune with her Hapsburg ancestors.



When I moved into the next wing I only got the chance to snap a few things before I was confronted by a woman using no universal gestures and plenty of verbage. I think she was probably a middle school teacher/principal earlier in her life, judging by her tone of voice. Eventually she paused long enough for me to simplify the conversation: foto nem:foto igen? "Nem!" was her emphatic response, and in addition she indicated that I should stash my camera in my backpack.



So, these are the only photos I was able to take inside the Gallery, but several of them make my heart sing.




















I even liked what they did with the cieling in the Modern Art section.

KG

No comments: